• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A TED talk on how bacteria communicate

lucy

It is not directly related to ME/CFS, but bacterial overgrowths were discussed in other threads, so some might be interested.
Here is the link, it is very easily understandable.

Bonnie Bassler discovered that bacteria "talk" to each other, using a chemical language that lets them coordinate defense and mount attacks. The find has stunning implications for medicine, industry -- and our understanding of ourselves.

Many young people I know spend hours watching different talks, just educating themselves. I was thinking - how about a talk about CFS? I have no idea about how talks are organized (who suggests, how you apply for it etc.). I imagine some experienced doctor like Nancy Klimas would do a good job. I consider TED one more possible channel.