Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A sportsman who got ill with Blastocystis Hominis

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

[This is just an extract from an Irish newspaper article. Full article at: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0122/1224288085938.html .
    Blastocystis Hominis is a new one for me, I think]

2. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Thank you for posting this interesting article which highlights how blastocystis hominis can affect a persons healh. This protozoa and giardia were found in me. I did do the triple antibiotic therapy by Thomas Borody in Australia to no avail. I'm now looking at other remedies. Interestingly, someone on another list I am on picked up this protozoa in Peru and what finally got rid of his symptoms (cramping, gas, no fatigue) was a glass of red wine daily. He has since discontinued the red wine and the symptoms are gone. I know most of us with CFS don't tolerate alcohol but thought I'd throw that info out there FWIW.

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Which particular anti-protozoals did you include in the triple therapy?

4. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I have to correct what I said. I asked my doctor if I could do the specific Dr. Borody treatment. Heprescribed something differetn and that did nto work. Im away now but when I return home I'll look up what I took

See more popular forum discussions.