1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A sportsman who got ill with Blastocystis Hominis

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

[This is just an extract from an Irish newspaper article. Full article at: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0122/1224288085938.html .
    Blastocystis Hominis is a new one for me, I think]

2. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Thank you for posting this interesting article which highlights how blastocystis hominis can affect a persons healh. This protozoa and giardia were found in me. I did do the triple antibiotic therapy by Thomas Borody in Australia to no avail. I'm now looking at other remedies. Interestingly, someone on another list I am on picked up this protozoa in Peru and what finally got rid of his symptoms (cramping, gas, no fatigue) was a glass of red wine daily. He has since discontinued the red wine and the symptoms are gone. I know most of us with CFS don't tolerate alcohol but thought I'd throw that info out there FWIW.

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Which particular anti-protozoals did you include in the triple therapy?

4. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I have to correct what I said. I asked my doctor if I could do the specific Dr. Borody treatment. Heprescribed something differetn and that did nto work. Im away now but when I return home I'll look up what I took

See more popular forum discussions.