1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A Review of the Neuropharmacology of Bupropion, a Dual Norepinephrine / Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by nanonug, Oct 21, 2012.

1. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    alice likes this.
  2. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Hi, It also has anti-inflammatory benefits I think. I guess you get it on prescription?

I tried to get my doctor to presribe it for me but they are not allowed to except as an aid to stop smoking. I also tried the ME Clinic (I'm in the UK) but they wouldn't give a recommendation for it.

3. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    hi Lisa

You can also get it without a script. That's how I got mine.

4. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    "but they are not allowed to except as an aid to stop smoking"

I'm not familiar with how UK does things but this is totally ridiculous. Many docs prescribe it for depression.

5. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Thank good for the internet.

Valentijn and Rand56 like this.
  6. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
  7. alice

alice Senior Member

No. CA, USA

8. penny

penny Senior Member

Southern California
    I suspect experiences vary, and my memory is fuzzy but my experience: taking wellbutrin for depression (started pre ME onset), stopped about a year after ME onset because I stopped all supplements to prepare for a sleep study, I stopped without tapering (I was on 300mg a day). I felt fine (well, the same), no withdrawal symptoms or anything. And since my mood did not change on stopping I never started taking it again. Again, it might be worth looking at one of the sites with drug reviews for others discussion of possible withdrawal but my impression is that it doesn't create the same kind of physical dependencies many of the other AD's do, so it's easier to discontinue (but this is just an impression).

alice likes this.
  9. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Yeah, tell me about it!! It is a real pain in the UK to get anything for ME. Did you get your's from magicpharma or from a generic supplier in the US?

See more popular forum discussions.