• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A question about problems with inosine

November Girl

I am one of those who reacted badly to inosine. It made all of my flu-like symptoms worse. Does anyone know why it does this? Is my immune system so messed up that inosine acts on the wrong parts? Is my body not strong enough to handle the changes? These are totally wild guesses on my part. I do have my labs from Dr. Rey.

SOC

I am one of those who reacted badly to inosine. It made all of my flu-like symptoms worse. Does anyone know why it does this? Is my immune system so messed up that inosine acts on the wrong parts? Is my body not strong enough to handle the changes? These are totally wild guesses on my part. I do have my labs from Dr. Rey.
I'd call or email Dr Rey about your reaction -- assuming she recommended the inosine.

What are your specific immune dysfunctions -- do you have low NK cells?

November Girl

I e-mailed, but it was nearly 5 Miami time, so expect to hear from Dr. Rey tomorrow. Low normal NK, but high everything else in the immune panel.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Flu like symptoms can be a sign of your immune system up regulated. Some of the symptoms people get when they have the flu are from the immune system not just the infection.

Sort of similar to people who get the flu shot and say they get the flu, really the symptoms they get are from an up regulated immune system??

November Girl

heapsreal, I guess it's not surprising then. I used to get very ill from flu shots, though I haven't taken one in years. Dr. Rey strongly suggested that I get one anyway; but since I'm rarely out of the house I decided not to.