1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A preliminary prospective study of nutritional, psychological and combined therapies for me/cfs

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Firestormm, Nov 19, 2012.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    As more then double the amount of the psychology group dropped out compared to the other 2 groups (that sure says there was many unhappy patients with that therapy), and that all different groups total response rate was added together. I would have to assume that this makes the psychological group sound even better then it was when they say 52.17% rate for the groups.

Are they really that desperate now to make the psychology treatment look better then it is by now mixing its results in with other things including supplements?

I cant believe how studies with no control groups etc.. get so easily accepted into the medical journals. There is definately a biased thing going on towards psych studies being easily accepted. (we know with biopsychological CFS studies.. they get a far harder time with reviews.. where the reviewers of psych CFS studies seem to be usually have postive biased towards what they are reviewing).

Also there needs to be a standard put in place on what they are calling CFS in studies cause right now.. anything including someone with just fatigue can be called CFS and the journals will publish.
    Dolphin and Valentijn like this.
  2. seanpaul

seanpaul

in the Review of this Article - Dr Price Oxford Psychiatrist even states he is 'prejudiced towards studies on this kind' but even he questioned some of the results, but didnt dismiss the very poor quality of this article - like Does anyone in the study actually have ME/CFS would have been the first question to ask?
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I presume they are from the interquartile ranges (25th and 75th percentile along with median, 50th percentile).
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Out of the two reviewers, I thought E. Crawley showed any more signs of bias/possible bias.

See more popular forum discussions.