1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Time Change Equals Jet Lag, ME/CFS Style
Jody Smith marvels at how much difference one hour can make to those with ME/CFS, as much of the world has endured The Time Change in recent weeks ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A Patient's Plan to Educate Medical Students on ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects' started by Hip, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

ME/CFS patient Ryan Prior wants to take on the medical establishments and educate medical students about chronic fatigue syndrome.

This is such a damn good idea! The ME/CFS community should have thought about this earlier!

Everyone knows that students are much more open minded and educable, compared to professionals who have been working for decades.

If you want to make a real impact on the future, this is always best achieved by educating the next generation.

This medical student education project could be replicated in every city, and in every university which has a medical school, by a team of ME/CFS patients who live locally in that city or near that medical school.

Even if medical students were given just say a total of 10 hours worth of lectures on ME/CFS at some point within their five year long medical degree, this would make a huge difference.

peggy-sue likes this.
  2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Great having those 3 team up!
    peggy-sue likes this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    We should be campaigning about lack of medical school teaching on ME/CFS at medical schools. Till its not being buried by not even being taught about, change is far less likely to happen any time soon.
  4. Denise

Denise Senior Member

It definitely needs to be taught --- but how to decide what is taught and who develops the material?
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  5. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Good question
  6. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Recently a section in a textbook was written by Peter White. Care to guess what it was about? There is a thread on it here somewhere. We need careful scientific presentations, or we get babble.
    peggy-sue and taniaaust1 like this.
  7. Ecoclimber

Ecoclimber Senior Member

Mercer Island Wa
    This is what CAA should have been working on ten years ago with the CDC and the NIH!!!
    voner likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.