1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A Neuroinflammatory Model of ME/CFS - Validation?

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Marco, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Marco

Marco Old blackguard

Near Cognac, France
    OK I I'd suggested the last blog was the last in the series but I've been keeping this under my hat.

Part I suggested that ME/CFS patients, if tested, might have a deficit in sensory gating (the brain's ability to efficiently process sensory information to discriminate between vital and trivial input).

Was I right?

I also suggested that ME/CFS might comprise 'sub-groups' of patients similar to ADHD which includes the hyperactive, inattentive and mixed types.

Is there any evidence for this?

Part V focuses on a large but largely under-reported Japanese study that investigated information processing, autonomic function and higher level brain function in childhood 'CFS' with pretty shocking results.

Read more: Japanese Sensory Gating Study Reveals Profound Cognitive Deficits Present in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/201...deficits-present-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

Sam Carter likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.