1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A Neuroinflammatory Model of ME/CFS - Validation?

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Marco, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Marco

Marco Old blackguard

Near Cognac, France
    OK I I'd suggested the last blog was the last in the series but I've been keeping this under my hat.

Part I suggested that ME/CFS patients, if tested, might have a deficit in sensory gating (the brain's ability to efficiently process sensory information to discriminate between vital and trivial input).

Was I right?

I also suggested that ME/CFS might comprise 'sub-groups' of patients similar to ADHD which includes the hyperactive, inattentive and mixed types.

Is there any evidence for this?

Part V focuses on a large but largely under-reported Japanese study that investigated information processing, autonomic function and higher level brain function in childhood 'CFS' with pretty shocking results.

Read more: Japanese Sensory Gating Study Reveals Profound Cognitive Deficits Present in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/201...deficits-present-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/
    Sam Carter likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.