Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A Myalgic Carol

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Denise, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Denise

Denise Senior Member

Dr. Stephen Straus was surely dead. Lo, he had been dead these nine-and-one-half years, but that made no difference to Ebenezer Scrooge, MD, PhD, as he locked up the Office of Fatigue and Lassitude, or OFAL as it was known, for the night.

OFAL handled what had been known as neurasthenia, myalgic encephalomyelitis, chronic fatigue syndrome, ME/CFS, systemic exertion intolerance disease, or whatever new epithet it now went by. Scrooge had been managing the office — and handling the ornery patient population — since Dr. Straus had retired in 2006. Dr. Straus died of brain cancer in 2007, but the problem of ME/CFS remained unsolved, and dumped on Scrooge.

…... (read the rest here)

mango, SuzieSam, Cohen2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    Clever.

And if you haven't read (as opposed to watched) Dicken's A Christmas Carol I highly recommend it.

See more popular forum discussions.