• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Myalgic Carol

Denise

Dr. Stephen Straus was surely dead. Lo, he had been dead these nine-and-one-half years, but that made no difference to Ebenezer Scrooge, MD, PhD, as he locked up the Office of Fatigue and Lassitude, or OFAL as it was known, for the night.

OFAL handled what had been known as neurasthenia, myalgic encephalomyelitis, chronic fatigue syndrome, ME/CFS, systemic exertion intolerance disease, or whatever new epithet it now went by. Scrooge had been managing the office — and handling the ornery patient population — since Dr. Straus had retired in 2006. Dr. Straus died of brain cancer in 2007, but the problem of ME/CFS remained unsolved, and dumped on Scrooge.

…... (read the rest here)

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Clever.

And if you haven't read (as opposed to watched) Dicken's A Christmas Carol I highly recommend it.