• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Mass General XMRV Study: Dr. Felsenstein

Rrrr

is there any info on how to become part of this study with columbia/stanford? can you give us a link?

separately, i went to see dr felsenstein and will report back on my appt with her in the next day or two.

she did say her Mass General study was accepted for publication, but she was not supportive of xmrv, so that tells us what she found (i.e. nothing).

Rrrr

Report back fr appt w/ Infec Disease doc: Dr. Felsenstein

Executive summary: Felsenstein is a conservative doctor who will not oversee antiretroviral therapy (ART) at this time, and, apparently does not have ART experience. I went to her with that as my goal. So this may not be a match.

dsdmom

Rrrr,
Thanks for the honest update. I have appts like you had with her - where I just didn't seem to click w/ the dr and we were a bit argumentative...not sure why it happens. Maybe just personality? Anyway, I'd keep her in your back pocket in case alter's paper comes out & confirms the link. Although maybe searching for an ID doc w/ art experience would be a good thing too... It's so hard to find a good doctor!!!

floydguy

Yes, Harvard teaching hospitals are very conservative. I see a doctor or two at Brigham and Women's and it's the same. I guess in a way they define "conventional medicine" for better or worse.