1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A Mass General XMRV Study: Dr. Felsenstein

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Rrrr, Jun 30, 2010.

1. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    I don't have that kind of time!

2. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

is there any info on how to become part of this study with columbia/stanford? can you give us a link?

separately, i went to see dr felsenstein and will report back on my appt with her in the next day or two.

she did say her Mass General study was accepted for publication, but she was not supportive of xmrv, so that tells us what she found (i.e. nothing).

3. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

Report back fr appt w/ Infec Disease doc: Dr. Felsenstein

Executive summary: Felsenstein is a conservative doctor who will not oversee antiretroviral therapy (ART) at this time, and, apparently does not have ART experience. I went to her with that as my goal. So this may not be a match.

4. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Thanks for your report Rrrr, much appreciated!

5. dsdmom

dsdmom Senior Member

Rrrr,
    Thanks for the honest update. I have appts like you had with her - where I just didn't seem to click w/ the dr and we were a bit argumentative...not sure why it happens. Maybe just personality? Anyway, I'd keep her in your back pocket in case alter's paper comes out & confirms the link. Although maybe searching for an ID doc w/ art experience would be a good thing too... It's so hard to find a good doctor!!!

6. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

Yes, Harvard teaching hospitals are very conservative. I see a doctor or two at Brigham and Women's and it's the same. I guess in a way they define "conventional medicine" for better or worse.

See more popular forum discussions.