• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A little confused regarding paradoxical folate deficiency, donut hole deficiency & methyl trapping

bigmillz

Hi everyone,

I'll be brief - after taking Thorne's B Complex #12 twice a day for a few days with great results, I start getting fatigue a few hours into the day. It seems to work better than the Jarrow B-Right + Jarrow B12 lozenges (can't have xylitol anymore), but the Jarrow combo didn't have this issue. I want to rule out paradoxical folate deficiency, donut hole deficiency & methyl trapping.

I eat a cereal that is potassium-rich (Uncle Sam wheat berries) but does not have folic acid.

Can someone please summarize each of the 3, what I'm looking for, and how to prevent/reverse each?

Thank you very much!