• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A group card for Dr Speight

Kati

Patient in training
@Kati
And anyone else who has thoughts on my question: Do you think it's OK to display the card on public media indicating our support of Dr Speight?
Hi @Snowdrop, I am not sure what we could possibly be doing anything wrong by sending messages of support of a physician who has done nothing but good for our community.

Could you elaborate further either publicly or privately?

I was pleasanly surprised to see almost 400 signatories this morning. It's awesome!

Bob

Do you think it's OK to display the card on public media indicating our support of Dr Speight?
Good question to raise, snowdrop. Best to be cautious. But I think it's fine. We're doing this in a personal capacity (not as his patients); and Dr Speight is not involved in the process whatsoever. I can't see any problems.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Thanks @Kati @Bob for your responses. My concern was not so much linking to the card as any statement I might make accompanying it. And not so much showing our support as pointing out the reasons for the need for support.

I guess I could have been clearer on that. I was thinking in particular of twitter. And I am happy to hear about the number of signatures/level of support.

Kati

Patient in training
The number is now 490. :thumbsup: Well done everybody, and keep on sharing, it's not over!

Upon reading the comments, there are a few duplicates, but I am pleased and excited of the turn out and support patients are offering to Dr Nigel during this time.

Denise

[QUOTE="Upon reading the comments, there are a few duplicates, but I am pleased and excited of the turn out and support patients are offering to Dr Nigel during this time.[/QUOTE]

@Kati thank you very much for setting the card up, for clearing up duplicates and following through on this!

Bob

We are now past 800 signatures, with 24 hours to go... Can we make it to 1000?
Thank you to everyone who made this possible! It's great to be engaged in doing something positive! :hug:
Kati, are you waiting until Wednesday before you send the card? If you are then I'll do another tweet today.