• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A great app to monitor air quality!

Sandman00747

I have noticed for many years that I have become quite sensitive to air quality. I live in the Midwestern US and if you haven't heard we are in the middle of fighting the worst wildfires in the state's history. The air quality has

been horrible exacerbating my respiratory symptoms. If you have a sensitivity like this there is an excellent phone app that will monitor the air quality around wherever you live. Just go search for the app

BREEZOMETER and download it. It was invented by the Israelis and/or Chinese I believe to monitor their horrible air quality around their bigger cities. It is free and works great. Give it a try. I bet you will like it! It keeps me from going out into horrible air quality, which has been almost every day lately!

Last edited:

Sandman00747

Apparently most meteorological centers closest to your location now track all this data with sensors. The app simply has a needle on a 0-100 scale rating and also has a green (good), yellow(cautious) and red ( danger) to correspond to the numerical rating. Here you go! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.breezometer&hl=en and http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/article/1581750/smartphone-app-measures-pollution Very few negative reviews world wide so I suspect it's a pretty good app! I love this thing and it's quite accurate where I live!

Sandman00747

I don't understand why that second link doesn't work as it's typed in correctly. Try typing that link in yourselves and see if it works then. It does for me. I don't get it.