Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A doctor with a good attitude

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by MeSci, Mar 16, 2015.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    I wasn't sure where to put this, and sadly this doctor isn't involved in ME/SEID, but I wanted to post it as it shows that some doctors really do understand that they need to keep an open mind and keep up to date.

oceiv, WillowJ, helen1 and 2 others like this.
  2. GracieJ

GracieJ Senior Member

Utah
    This illustrates to me how important it is for doctors to carve out a block of time to study and read. Here, some form of continuing education is required to keep a professional license, including physicians. It has always bothered me when a doctor says he does not have time to read something I just gave him. It is a red flag to me now, because in the end it is lack of professionalism on all-too-important topics.

It blows my mind that once out of medical school, they think they have all that is needed, and how dare anyone question their knowledge or authority.

My current doctor reads and studies, and it is always a treat to sit down with him and hear what he has to say from his research. He may not always be up to date on my topics, but can tie things together quickly from other things related. He is very open to new information.

oceiv, WillowJ, halcyon and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.