1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A discussion on yasko forum about documentation of success stories

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by trollo, Sep 18, 2013.

1. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Proteins are made up of strings of amino acids held together by sugar molecules.

I don't know what test was used in this particular instance - so I do not know if it was a valid one.

All I do know is there are many, many reliable tests for amino acids in urine.

If amino acids are present, that indicates proteins.
  2. trollo

trollo Senior Member

Italy
    i know what s a protein. But maybe testing for proteins in urine is different than testing for various aminos, and the meaning of a test depend on what is intended to diagnose
  3. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member

N.Ireland
    Proteins ARE made of strings of amino acids - however they are NOT joined by sugar molecules. They are joined by peptide bonds which involve the loss of a water molecule between the adjacent amino acids.

DNA on the other hand is made up of nucleotides, part of which is a sugar molecule - and these sugar molecules form the backbone of the DNA structure alone with phosphate groups.

(Sorry Biology teacher before ME and can't quite prevent myself from correcting!)
    Valentijn and peggy-sue like this.
  4. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Thanks, Keela Too

I was being very simplistic :redface: - english is not Trollo's first language.
    I also tend to forget about "gross" structures as proteins - most of my study was more at DNA and RNA level - and a long time ago.

Science can get very up it's own little cul-de-sac.....
  5. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member

N.Ireland
    LOL - no worries! Hard for an ole teacher to leave an error uncorrected! LOL

Perhaps of course I need to learn a little more of "Let it go!" and apply it to all areas of my life!
    peggy-sue likes this.
  6. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    I'd probably have done exactly the same - if I'd been wearing my brain.:)
  7. trollo

trollo Senior Member

Italy
    Are u a biology teacher Keela? How do take all this Yasko stuff from your point of view? Don't you think Peggy is making confusion with another kind of tests?
  8. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member

N.Ireland
    Sorry too many long posts here & I didn't follow the thread properly. Skipped to top of page 3, and saw a short sentence that pushed all my buttons as a biology teacher. Sorry not to delve deeper, but just now health is rubbish.

See more popular forum discussions.