1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A discursive account of the male experience of ME (Butlin & Chapman, 2007)

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

[Just a poster but I'm not sure I've seen papers on this topic. There are probably quite a lot of abstracts/posters on ME or CFS at http://abstracts.bps.org.uk that never made it to full papers]

http://bit.ly/laR3R5 i.e.
    http://abstracts.bps.org.uk/index.c...view&frmShowSelected=true&localAction=details

2. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    To say that I was insulted by what I just read is an understatement.

Let me guess all men with this disorder have SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) and negative, narrow and or wrong conceptions and beliefs on what defines them as being a man. If anyone can't see that's where they're going with this then they're BLIND.
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Oooooh, they caught our hysterical girly disease because we emasculated them! :D
  4. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    The whole working thing is a big issue (I got two jobs, none of which lasted more than a week), but you get over it after a few years..
  5. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    Well I've got a job how I do it I don't know. I manage to accomplish little else, not because I lack drive, ambition or the desire but because I'm wiped out. Unforgettably you can't explain this to people they hear you say the previous sentence and it's "Oh my you sound Depressed you should see someone about that. At least take something for it maybe both If you can afford it."

They think that it's funny that you have bruises, scrapes and cuts from falling down while trying to walk up the stairs to your apartment after you get off of work. They can't understand that it's hard to walk or stand after working your job to the point that stairs are a major obstacle.

Nor will they ever understand the pins, needles, burning and freezing sensations that you feel sometimes everywhere. Nope your supposed to be a man and just push on through, suck it up and push on through. If their ever comes a time you can't then you aren't really a man. Remember sick people look sick and really sick people are sick looking all the time. You know they look like they might kinda die.:rolleyes:

See more popular forum discussions.