Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"...a despicable, pointless, all-encompassing waste" - HuffPost

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by worldbackwards, Jan 28, 2015.

1. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    This popped up on the ME Association website today. It's always nice to read a good piece that pins it down, however many times I may have done so before. Particularly splendid in how it nails lazy media tropes (although ironically committing one itself by appearing in the 'lifestyle' section, rather than the 'horrible diseases that will ruin your life' section, which is sadly neglected).
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/stephen-tudor/me-awareness_b_6532402.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-health

rosie26, Raines, WillowJ and 7 others like this.
  2. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    This! So true.

3. mgk

mgk Senior Member

That quote makes me think of one of my favorite people on the internet. I don't really know her, I just follow her work. She posts about her health problems on twitter. She runs her own business and helps other people start and run their own businesses, and does it all while dealing with this illness. She's a huge inspiration to me.

Antares in NYC likes this.
  4. Alison2

Alison2

uk
    the poem by J eyre - in the comments . Is really good too

mgk likes this.
  5. mgk

mgk Senior Member

That broke my heart into pieces. My condition isn't at that level, but I feel for you all, and wish you strength and the best of health. Copying it here in case it goes down:

meandthecat, rosie26, Raines and 17 others like this.
  6. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Hell...Hath...No...Fury.. Senior Member

UK
    Thanks so much for posting that poem, i couldnt access the comments on the article.

It broke my heart reading it. There aren't enough trees on the planet to enable us all to write down our lost dreams :(

7. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    Let me tell you from experience, trying to hold a full time position with ME/CFS is terrible, a constant struggle against your own body and brain-fogged mind. You are always trying to keep the balance and avoid pushing things so you don't end up in a crash.
    Heartbreaking indeed. So true it hurts.

8. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Wow.. what a poem. Thanks for posting that persons poem here. I feel like printing it and sticking it on my toilet wall.

9. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

Incredible poem.

See more popular forum discussions.