• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A comparative polysomnography analysis of sleep in healthy controls and patients with CFS

barbc56

Thanks @Dolphin for your analysis. As always, it's appreciated!. :):thumbsup:

A home sleep study, as far as I know, only tests for apnea or other breathing problems during sleep. Did they change protocol to include more extensive testing?

Edit
. You have to pay or belong to the right group to access the full paper. Can anyone do this?

Edit 2. Looks like Dolphin has this. Facepalm.

Last edited:

Dolphin

A home sleep study, as far as I know, only tests for apnea or other breathing problems during sleep. Did they change protocol to include more extensive testing?
Objective sleep assessment PSG.

PSG was carried out over three consecutive nights. The first two study nights served as screening and an opportunity for participant adaptation. Recordings were conducted in accordance with International 10/20 standards on all 3 nights,[31] and an extended montage was used on night 1 (Figure 1). Oral and nasal airflow were measured by a nasal cannula, capillary oxygen saturation by finger-oxymetry and respiratory effort by thoracic and abdominal belts (see eMethods1 in the supplement for details of the PSG recording).

eMethods1: Polysomnography

The PSG was recorded on 32-channel SOMNOscreen plus, using DOMINO software (SOMNOmedics GmbH, Randersacker, Germany), at a sampling rate of 128 Hz for EEG channels, and 256 Hz for EMG and ECG channels. Impedances were maintained below 5kΩ during the recording period. All PSG data was scored manually by an independent Registered Polysomnographic Technologist blind to the aims of the study, at 30s epochs in accordance with American Academy of Sleep Medicine criteria [31]. The mean recording period was 8.1h (486.96±76.54 min).

Dolphin

Edit
. You have to pay or belong to the right group to access the full paper. Can anyone do this?

Edit 2. Looks like Dolphin has this. Facepalm.
I've heard that quite a few people use http://sci-hub.cc/ to access papers