Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"A Closer Look at Fatigue" NHK world

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Arise, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Arise

Arise

Just watched some of this today showed some really interesting stuff regarding the effects of stimulation on a fatigued brain and also mentioned CFS in a sensible manner.

The programme will air again tonight and tommorow. http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/scienceview/201602020600/

"Fatigue has long been overlooked by medical science and its scientific mechanism is largely unknown. Research is being held to find a way to quantify and objectively diagnose fatigue, and more is being revealed about fatigue's surprising effect on the brain. Death by overworking is a serious social issue in Japan, but research on substances to aid in fatigue recovery is underway. So what is fatigue? We visited the frontlines of research to learn more about it."

You can watch this online if you click on the "Live" icon on the top banner of the website

Sean likes this.
  2. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    I remember reading some time ago that Japan had a very high number of ME/CFS cases

3. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    This is "progress"? Instead of allowing people to rest, let's find a way to get them back to work sooner so they can work more hours. :bang-head:

Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.