• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Chinese Perspective on SEID

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
English Chinese News Service has an article on ME/CFS, they are using the name SEID. It starts out fairly well, but, moves into an estimated prevalence rate of 10-25% in 10 Chinese cities, and ends with psychogenic ideas, CBT, and GET. All the same, they are talking about it respectfully, acknowledging it being a major problem in China, and bringing it to the attention of their readers.

http://www.ecns.cn/2015/02-25/155683.shtml

taniaaust1

I guess that shows that the name change wont remove the CBT and GET beliefs.. sighs.. now 10-25% of people in cities have SEID. I think the ONLY way they will get rid of the psych beliefs attached to ME/CFS would be have actual testable abnormalities in the diagnostic critera so to turn it into a real disease...

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
@adreno, your photo and caption made me laugh out loud, and then sort of cry. I don't know if you are an artist, the originator of this piece, but now would be the perfect time for an article displaying an artist's depiction of life with ME/CFS!

adreno

PR activist
@adreno, your photo and caption made me laugh out loud, and then sort of cry. I don't know if you are an artist, the originator of this piece, but now would be the perfect time for an article displaying an artist's depiction of life with ME/CFS!
No, I shamelessly stole it from a blog somewhere. Though I'm neither female, nor use a wheelchair, I think it illustrates pretty well the feeling of having ME/CFS.