• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A biomarker in low NK cell activity...

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Ebv igm negative
Ebv igg 98 ebna 110
Cmv Igm and igg negative
Herpes 1/2 igm negative and igg positive (ratio 3.99)
Lymphocytes 1.5x10^3
Neutrophils 2.16x10^3

Those lymphocytes look very low and neutrophils are not far off low, generally under 2 is neutropenic. I think it looks like either some type of immune deficiency and or chronic infection. Generally one could have extremely high white blood cells like lymphocytes and neutrophils if u thinking autoimmune and tests woth high inflammatory markers.

More testing needed i think on immune system and inflammatory markers. Lyme test too??

JollyRoger

Lyme is negative but we all know the problems with a correct Lyme diagnosis.
Although my CD57 is low with 28.

Last edited:

heapsreal

Lyme is negative but we all know the problems with a correct Lyme diagnosis.
Although my CD57 is low with 28.

Even knowing if a chronic virus is active or not isnt possible. Ebv is known to reactivate especially if immune system up the creek. Hhv6 is another common virus in cfsme.

Your right about lyme but many other bacteria also hard to find.

A dodgy immune system any infection is possible or combo of infections. Sometimes certain treatment trials can be helpful. People have tried antivirals for several months, if it helps great if not then move onto the next thing to try. Even broad spectrum antibiotics like doxycycline may help as well as lead to a diagnosis too and maybe broaden bacterial treatments.

Generally its not one thing going wrong in cfs, along with infections and immune function, dysfunctional hormones can have an impact. Also orthostatic issues can be worse for some more than others.

Personally i do well using a number of anti infective agents and hormone replacement. But i would be screwed without treatment for sleep but thats me.

JollyRoger

Yeah.... in the beginnings I always had a sore throat.
I went to the doctor and he made a swap and found very strange bacteria there.
He said that usually a healthy person doesn't deal with them and only people with a weak immune system like aids patient have problems with them.

But why do I have such a good nk cell function?
My killer cells should kick dead all this bacteria/ virus stuff.

A good nutrition, meditation and thousand supplements are not enough.

heapsreal

Yeah.... in the beginnings I always had a sore throat.
I went to the doctor and he made a swap and found very strange bacteria there.
He said that usually a healthy person doesn't deal with them and only people with a weak immune system like aids patient have problems with them.

But why do I have such a good nk cell function?
My killer cells should kick dead all this bacteria/ virus stuff.

A good nutrition, meditation and thousand supplements are not enough.

I think its a combination of the different aspects of your immune system. Your neutrophils are low and they generally fight the bacterial infections.

Did the dr give you antibiotics for the bacteria he found? Do you recall which bacteria? I very possible you might need a long course of antibiotics?

JollyRoger

It definitly helps.
Several tnf alpha and nitrotyrosin (nitrosative stress) tests were very low; no inflammation so far.
No oxidative stress.
Low s100 and ecp. (brain)
No mold infection.
Only low cd57 (autoimmune or infection?)
At the moment i make .several tests for toxics.
I should be the healthiest guy on earth (at the moment I'm just poor of all this
Tests)
I ran hundreds of virus and bacteria tests and there were nothing special.
I didn't make the special enterovirus test of Dr.Chia though because it's very expensive.

Borrelia is borderline but a month of antibiotics didn't work.
High antibodies against beta adrenergenic. (Celltrend)

Last edited: