1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Mark, Jul 31, 2014.

1. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    I'm quite sure my illness is directly related to my gut. As far as I can determine, the illness started a few months after a bout of food poisoning. I have nearly constant gut problems; they seem to center around an inability to absorb carbohydrates, which seems to be slowly getting worse.

So far I have been unable to find any info on why I can't absorb carbs, and no doctor has shown the slightest interest in helping me improve the gut symptoms. I'm glad to know the researchers are looking at this area. I sure hope they find something useful, and soon.
    MeSci and aimossy like this.

See more popular forum discussions.