• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Gordon Broderick on ME/CFS: the PANDORA Interview

Just marvellous to see from this distance - the bod as a whole. Do recall at an early stage instinctively asking my GP if anyone could consider the whole pattern of symptoms. But no I'm divided into "parts" - static.

Just marvellous to see from this distance - the bod as a whole. Do recall at an early stage instinctively asking my GP if anyone could consider the whole pattern of symptoms. But no I'm divided into "parts" - static.

Yes, this seems to be a whole new way of looking at things. I guess just recently they've developed the technology or maybe applied the technology to medical research. Looking at the interview I was struck by this

Looking back, this is a fortunate occurrence because I firmly believe that the next chapter in research into complex illnesses will require interdisciplinary science on a grand scale.

When he talks about using supercomputer algorhythms developed by the telecommunications industry - we are definitely talking grand scale :cool: