Get a Ringside Seat for Invest in ME’s 10th International Conference on 29 May
This Friday, 29 May sees the tenth International ME Conference put on by UK research charity Invest in ME (IiME) in London. The day-long conference will include 220 participants from 17 countries and will be attended by researchers, clinicians and patients.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

9 weeks on Valcyte

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by undcvr, Jan 6, 2011.

1. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Yeah, it was Joseph Brewer who said that & I thought he knew his way around this disease, so I was kinda surprised. Thanks for responding.

2. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

Aquariusgirl~
    According to the HHV-6 foundation those titers are not high enough to think there might be an active infection going on. See: http://www.hhv-6foundation.org/testing.htm
    My antibody titers for HHV-6 have been 1:320 and 1:640. They dropped to 1:80 on valcyte and I was ecstatic. (Using Focus lab)
    I also have very high antibody titers to Coxsackie B3 and B4 (measured at ARUP lab). Consider testing for those pathogens. See: http://www.enterovirusfoundation.org/chronicinfections.shtml

Best, Timaca

3. Grape Funk

Grape Funk Senior Member

USA
    Aquarius did you test for any other viruses beside the HHv6a?

4. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Thanks Timaca. Helps to have something to compare to.
    Been meaning to run the Arup tests forever.

Grapefunk: Yes, EBV, CMV, Mycoplasma Pneumonia.

Brewer said I had chronic EBV. But I think he is more concerned about the XMRV. I haven't tested yet, but he thinks, as do I, that its fingerprints are all over my family.. ie familial history of prostate/breast cancer.

5. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    Tell Brewer to focus on EBV. Montoya does not consider it an active infection unless your IgG by IFA is over 1:320, just fyi.

See more popular forum discussions.