• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: NIH have gotten Myra McClure, Dentists and Psychs to go to Work on You!

How about adding: The Whittemore Peterson Institute and National Cancer Institute have found the best tests for XMRV to be culture for 5 weeks or antibody tests. McClure and other researchers from the UK have not tried these methods. Unstimulated polymerase chain reaction tests are least likely to show the retrovirus found in ME/CFS and prostate cancer.
or a quote from Alter?
The problem is that people reading might not have all the facts and could absorb McClure's message.
I like the demands.

Keep hitting on them. Send NIH emails and scream. Ensure that they know we are going to make this a very public issue so that the American public is aware of the games that this part of the NIH is playing with us - and the rest of the American public.

Also, send Myra and email or put her email address in with the others so that she see WE DO NOT WANT HER! Now, would you go where you are clearly not wanted? I wouldn't. So hit McClure's email as well.
m.mcclure@imperial.ac.uk - If someone has a better email for McClure please post it so we can all tell her that we do NOT WANT HER HERE.

WE are the US taxpayers and WE do not want her.

Here is my letter, which can be used for the dentists and shrinks as well.

Dr. McClure,

Please withdraw from the U.S. Government's SEP (Special Emphasis Panel) for ME/CFS.

I have lost 35 years of my adult life to this disease. We have to demand researchers who recognize the disease, and we have made this clear to NIH.

Myra Responds to Marty---You're Gonna Like This!

Here is my letter, which can be used for the dentists and shrinks as well.

Marty hasn't come to tell you yet...here is the rest of the exchange:

I sent the following email to Myra McClure today:

"Please withdraw from the U.S. Government's SEP (Special Emphasis Panel) for ME/CFS.

I have lost 35 years of my adult life to this disease. We have to demand researchers who recognize the disease, and we have made this clear to the other members of this panel."

Her reply:

"I already have."

Thank you Marty!

Bon appetit';)

Katrina

Wowww!!!:victory::balloons::D:victory::balloons::D
Marty could you please email the dentists too: you seem to have quite an impact factor!

Now let's all hope they dont ask the Weasel to replace her...

Surly this doesn't surprise anyone? Does it??? I've said it before and I'll say it again the NIH (and CDC, DHS etc.) are just putting on an elaborate Dog and Pony Show to drag things out and kill the media buzz that followed the XMRV discovery.

There is the up and coming State of the Knowledge Workshop for ME/CFS at the NIH, April 7-8th, 2011. After that they'll do a few quick studies a little research. Then I suspect the NIH's Golden Boy Virologist Ian Lipkin will release his finds regarding XMRV that basically implies that there is nothing to it.

Then the Collective Health Organizations of the World will basically say Move along folks nothing to see here move along now. We've actually got important medical mysteries to solve. The news media will scratch their heads and say whats this all about. Their programming or content director will say run a clip or blurb about it we need a health segment for this day here. The general public will see it and shrug their shoulders.

I want to be optimistic I really do I want to say that science will sort science out and that to be fact. I don't want to be one of those crack pot conspiracy nuts I really don't. But IMO its almost reached the point of nondeniability.

I think this deserves a new thread.. Can you make one??
Marty hasn't come to tell you yet...here is the rest of the exchange:

I sent the following email to Myra McClure today:

"Please withdraw from the U.S. Government's SEP (Special Emphasis Panel) for ME/CFS.

I have lost 35 years of my adult life to this disease. We have to demand researchers who recognize the disease, and we have made this clear to the other members of this panel."

Her reply:

"I already have."

Thank you Marty!

Bon appetit';)

Katrina

@Cort- on the excellent twiv podcast with Tuller, Racienello said he expected the XMRV studies to come thru one of the two virology panels (there are 7 more for HIV) and he's on one of them. do they go to the "CFS" one or to a virology one. if they go to a 'cfs' one, i think we should probably try to get them re-routed to virology because there does seem to be a competence for virology on the 'cfs' sep. What do you think? anyone else want to comment?