• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

60-Minutes - Segment on Advanced Brain Imaging

Wayne

I watched with interest this 13-minute segment on TBI in injured military veterans. I was especially interested in the section [starting around Minute 8] which described the latest in brain imaging technology, which I believe could be highly applicable to pwCFS. Here's the link:

Invisible Wounds of War

They say this latest technology can comprise over 40,000 images per scan, as compared to 300-400 images per a typical MRI scan, allowing for detection of abnormalities much more accurately than other brain scanning technology.

PhoenixDown

Thanks, this was actually an excellent video.

@5:40

"but what you're advising us to do is bad medicine", "They're going to believe they're brain injured and you're going to make them worse", it's a really interesting parallel.