1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

6 or 7 weeks on Valcyte

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by vamah, Apr 10, 2013.

1. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    I've sort of lost track of how long I've been on, but it's around 6 or 7 weeks. ;) All in all, I have to say I'm feeling better. Brain fog and OI are still pretty bad. But less fatigue during the day. Fewer muscle aches. Thing is, I'm not sure how much I can attribute to Valcyte because I also started Seroquel for sleep and so my sleep has been much better. I'm going to say it's a combination of the two. I finished the switch from Effexor back to Prozac and I think that's helping as well. I do feel very detatched and out of it on Prozac, but I was at a point where I was so depressed that maybe it was better to flip the switch and not feel anything (emotionally) for a while. Just going to keep on with the Valcye for at least 6 months and hope things continue to improve.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Thanks for updating us - I'm glad you've had some improvement, whatever caused it! :)

Did your doctor give you any indication of when you might start to notice any improvement, with Valcyte? I had thought it wasn't until 4 or 5 months in, or something like that.
  3. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Yes, I thought at least 3 mos. This is why I'm not sure if I'm feeling better because of Valcyte, better sleep, because the weather is finally getting warmer, etc. I think in addition to those, because I had such a bad crash when I started on Valcyte, I'm just finally recovered from that and so I feel like I'm way improved when maybe I'm just back to my baseline. Whatever it is, I'm glad I don't feel like a did just a few weeks ago.
    Sasha likes this.
  4. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Just FYI, in case anyone was wondering, suppliments I'm taking in addition to the meds are: B-50, biotin, C, D, Omega-3, Lysine, isocort & PS-100. I should probably take a multi-mineral as well, but I got some and they are too effing big for me to swallow.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I have the same problem - did you know you can buy a pill crusher/cutter at most pharmacies? They're cheap! You can squash those tablets and mix them with honey or jam or nut butter or something.
    SpecialK82 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.