• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Dreambirdies Striking New CFS Video--CFS Patients Address the CDC

Thank you to whoever started this page, though I'm confused about who did, cuz it wasn't me. :confused:

We already have a thread going on the forum about my video. Is this in addition, on some other part of the site?

This was in response to your request to me to spread the word on the video. You can't tell that I did because you were the author - I merely pushed the first post of the thread onto the Front Page. Now there are two threads - one in the Forum section and one on the Front page. Congratulations on such an evocative video again! ;)

Dreambirdie,

Very well done slide show! A compelling, suspenseful, slide show! The timing, using of images, use of movement and the music all work very well together to underscore the feelings of outrage and impending disaster that you wish to convey. I was familiar with all the information, yet found the manner of delivery to be captivating. Thank you for your hard work.

Lynne

This was in response to your request to me to spread the word on the video. You can't tell that I did because you were the author - I merely pushed the first post of the thread onto the Front Page. Now there are two threads - one in the Forum section and one on the Front page. Congratulations on such an evocative video again! ;)

Okay, I get it. Thanks again Cort... and thanks again to the rest of you as well.

I'm glad my video is being appreciated and spread about, as it was intended to be. :victory:

Okay, I get it. Thanks again Cort... and thanks again to the rest of you as well.

I'm glad my video is being appreciated and spread about, as it was intended to be. :victory:

Outstanding Dreambirdie!

I really like the quietly menacing soundtrack - it builds tension brilliantly, and your choice of images - the b/w shots of the Victorian-age physicians examining a patient - which is going to make our current 'treatments' of CFS/ME seem so barbaric and backward to future generations, and of course - that train track (wow, you can just hear the quiet vibe of that track - is that a train coming?) !!

The only addition I would have made, FWIW, would be to add the National Cancer Institute & Cleveland Clinic to the WPI as the study authors.

Truly brilliant!

Really, really well done. Very professional. Wish we could get this video and a few of the other informative videos OUT into the public domain.
How do we get this video to go viral? Or rather, how do we get this out into the public domain so that others (non-cfids/me) can view it and learn? This video is informative and a great tool to get people informed and updated quickly.

So much talent. Don't want to see it wasted. Really have to think of ways to get it OUT THERE. Bravo!

I know it is a HUGE amount of work and energy, but if you could, when things change could you maybe continue to do this wonderful work again? If I can help in anyway, get info etc., please PM me. We have enough great articles and insights out on this forum to use. So citing from solid research studies would be easy.

Outstanding Dreambirdie!
The only addition I would have made, FWIW, would be to add the National Cancer Institute & Cleveland Clinic to the WPI as the study authors. !

I agree and wanted to include them... However, when you are making a video with WORDS, you have only SO MUCH ROOM to cram them all in. Every word takes up precious and VERY LIMITED SPACE on each of the screen panels. The words "Whittemore Peterson Institute" alone took up a whole line, and "National Cancer Institute" would have used up another entire line, and "Cleveland Clinic" would have used up a 2/3's of another line... so that would have necessitated breaking up the "revolutionary discovery" into TWO LONG WORDY panels, which would have diminished the potency of the message, and ruined the flow of the video.

Sparing down to the most essential points and being as ruthless as possible in your editing is just the nature of the beast with this kind of public service announcement. And I'm sure WPI didn't mind being highlighted.

Really have to think of ways to get it OUT THERE. Bravo!

Hi Muffin--

That's a great question. Any ideas anyone has about this would be appreciated. One idea I have, which I will be doing here in Santa Cruz, is submitting it to the local community television station. One of the producers at that station, who is my expert video consultant, and actually helped me to iron out the technical problems I had at the end of making this video, is the one who suggested the idea to me. It's a simple process, that requires filling out a short form and giving them a copy of the video on DVD.

If anyone else here has a LOCAL COMMUNITY TV STATION they can submit this video to, please let me know... or maybe I should even start another thread about this?

I am going to eventually burn a bunch of hard copies on DVD, so I can send one to anyone who can do this type of submission. (I will need to be reimbursed of course for the price of the disk and the shipping, but that shouldn't be more than a few dollars.)

Community tv is usually very local and tends to have a small audience, but I think it's a good place to start.

I would have gotten some more statistics in there a- a huge population - causing huge economic losses to the country - getting the least amount of funding at the NIH. You realize that there are disorders that effect 30,000 people that get as much or more funding than CFS.

I would have gotten some more statistics in there a- a huge population - causing huge economic losses to the country - getting the least amount of funding at the NIH. You realize that there are disorders that effect 30,000 people that get as much or more funding than CFS.

Ah yes, the great afterthoughts... but like I said, there's only SO MUCH room to work with, and too much information just gets to be a bit overwhelming for most viewers.

Also, since the main objective of this video was to emphasize the suffering of CFS patients, that statistic would have taken things a bit off track.

C
Again, thank you Dreambirdie. Very haunting and gripping video that wastes nothing getting the message across.....something I think is important for capturing the attention of an oblivious audience.

It seems that if everyone sent the video to all their contacts asking them to view and forward on and on, it would reach lots of people ultimately.

but like I said, there's only SO MUCH room to work with, and too much information just gets to be a bit overwhelming for most viewers.
Dreambirdie,

You're right. Excellent video! Your message is net and sharp with great impact the result.

One word can make a huge perceptual difference. I'd like to see all of us in the future add the adjective "infectious" to the phrase "the infectious retrovirus, XMRV" because it's such a powerful word taken from the Science article's title.

Gemini