1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

50% reduction in breast and prostate cancer in people with HIV on antiretrovirals

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Bob, Jun 2, 2011.

1. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    1. Simard et al is the paper that Invitro refers to in his post. Unfortunately, access to the full paper is not available online, however I am sure that Stewart and Cameron did have access, and their Lancet piece is a commentary on, among other papers, Simard et al. So in answer to your questions, InVitro,
    in this instance, the abstract you posted gives the details of the cohort numbers but not the demographic of the cohort. However, I am sure, once again, that the full paper does. However, since breast cancer is now striking a younger group of women (as I know to my family's misfortune) the age of the cohort, in that case, may not be as revealing as you suggest.

So you can see that the newer paper merely expands on the work of the one you have posted and others. A mini-meta analysis, if you like.

The search goes on! That is all we ask, that the scientific research is allowed to continue, and John Coffin's call to put a stop to it is ignored.

I like the balance shown in this paper.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(11)70082-2/fulltext#back-bib8

See more popular forum discussions.