• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

5 Methyl THF

R

R++

I understand that Merk has the patent on the best stuff. I am understanding (?) that there are some brands out there that say they have 5 methyl THF that do not have this particular Merk form.. or do all products that claim to contain 5 methyl THF have the Merk product?

I am using Thorne's Bs and 5 methyl THF. I called them to ask if this is metafolin from Merk and they would not tell me. They said I had to be a practioner for them to release that info, but they would tell me it was from Merk.

I really don't appreciate having this info withheld from me since I am the one purchsing the stuff and basically my life depends on it being the right stuff, but there you go. Since I cant get a straight answer from Thorne, I am hoping someone can help shed some light on this for me.

I like using this product because it is already powdered in capsules and has no fillers.

Thank you!