1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

4th July - This Week in Virology, Podcast- Review recent findings on XMRV & ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by VillageLife, Jul 4, 2010.

1. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
    http://www.virology.ws/

Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Alan Dove

On episode #89 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent and Alan review recent findings on the association of the retrovirus XMRV with ME/CFS, reassortment of 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus in swine, and where influenza viruses travel in the off-season.

2. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    The part on CFS and XMRV starts about 8 minutes in and goes for about a half hour. Good, if incomplete information. Great comments on the web page (at least the first two that I read).

3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thank you.

4. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
    He mentions at the end, The PNSA paper (The Alter study)

He says: "We're see what the PNSA paper looks like, if it comes out this week, we're talk about it next week and apparently that is a positive study, we're see what they looked at, what patient samples and how they did the assays."

5. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    Can't wait!!!!!

6. V99

V99 *****

UK
    I think these guy are speculating, I'm sure they have no idea when the paper will be out. There was a quote about further testing taking a weeks. I wouldn't put your hopes on this being out soon. I'm going with two months, as a guess, and hopefully it will be much sooner.:sofa:

7. thegodofpleasure

thegodofpleasure Player in a Greek Tragedy

Matlock, Derbyshire, Uk
    I agree with you V99.
    2 months sounds about right - to do more tests and evaluate the outcome of those tests.
    I just wish it was sooner though.

TGOP

See more popular forum discussions.