Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

4ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by trickthefox, Dec 20, 2015.

1. trickthefox

trickthefox Senior Member

Brighton
    I've just received my prescriptions from KDM

One of the things he wants me to take is 4ME but I've noticed that this is quite expensive, and mainly indicated for viral infections, which I don't have. Can people taking it tell me weather it's worth taking? I may follow the protocol without the 4ME

also injections of hydroxycobalamyn, has anyone in the UK been able to obtain prescriptions for this when there B12 Levels were within range?

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

4ME might have been helping me. I haven't been taking it for a while though. I think @Sushi has found it pretty helpful.

Obviously people in the UK can obtain prescriptions for B12, since KDM has indeed prescribed it for you :p That prescription should be valid anywhere in the EU, though you might need to bludgeon your local pharmacist over the head with the relevant guidelines. They will have to import it, which adds an extra week or two, and adds to the cost a bit. I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay for it out of pocket, unless you have a pretty amazing insurance policy.

Marky90 likes this.
  3. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

Dorset
    I got hydroxycobalamyn injections on the NHS with a prescription from my consultant. The pharmacist didn't have to order it. I didn't have low B12. I did the injections myself.

4. *GG*

*GG* senior member

Concord, NH
    How about Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN), not specifically an anti-viral, but does modulate the immune system.

GG

5. trickthefox

Brighton
    I am
    I am on disability benefit, which means all my prescriptions are paid for :D god love the national health service!! but to manage that I need an NHS doctor to agree to re-write the prescription

Valentijn likes this.
  6. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

Dorset
    My GP agreed, as the consultant had prescribed it.

7. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I was on 4ME for about ten months, didn't seem to do much for me but some others say it helps them. It is expensive. I still have boxes left as I stopped taking it before running out. I bought it from abroad (I live in UK) I don't think there is a UK supplier. You won't be able to get a prescription for it from a UK GP, but you don't need a prescription to buy it anyway.

You can get a prescription for the b12 but not at the dose KDM usually prescribes. They only sell the 1mg vials in the UK (with prescription).

8. Hip

Hip Senior Member

The cheapest and most reliable source I found for B12 hydroxocobalamin injectables is goldpharma.com. You have to create an account before you see their products. No prescription required.

9. trickthefox

Brighton
    are you planning on taking them ? if they are just going to end up in the trash i'll gladly take them off your hands!

*GG* likes this.
  10. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    It is very helpful for me, though I sort of ration it as it is so expensive.

11. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    They're way too expensive to throw in the trash, I'll probably be putting them on eBay at some point.

12. trickthefox

Brighton
    out of interest what were the findings that KDM put you on 4ME for??? as i did not have any active viral markers so still in two minds about weather or not to order these, as they are the most expensive thing on the list!

13. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Its effects are more than antiviral but I did have elevated reactivated EBV and Herpes Simplex. I no longer get Herpes Simplex outbreaks, but 4 ME just gives me across the board reduction of symptoms.

Valentijn likes this.
  14. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    @Sushi What is 4ME for the uninformed?

15. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Kutapressin/Nexavir. It is called 4ME in Europe.

Valentijn and minkeygirl like this.
  16. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Oh. Thanks for explaining.

See more popular forum discussions.