• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

38 Degrees campaign on Freedom of Information Act

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Probably not the best subforum for this but it's relevant to the general issue of PACE and the authors' refusal to hand over the data in response to FOI requests and their attempts to make it harder to make such requests.

I just got this email from 38 Degrees:

38 Degrees said:
It’s not easy to shock politicians - but yesterday 38 Degrees members did just that. Sitting in front of a panel of five Lords, ex-MPs and legal experts I told them that over 87,000 38 Degrees members had sent in their views and experiences for me to feed in to their review on the future of Freedom of Information (FOI).

I could see the surprise on their faces as it sunk in that 38 Degrees members had got in touch in such huge numbers to demand that the government stopped any plans to water down FOI. For every question asked I was armed with thousands of opinions from 38 Degrees members up and down the country. Thank you for helping make this possible.

38 Degrees members messages were united - don’t strip down our right to know what the government is up to. The fact that in the last week 190,000 of us have signed a petition calling for FOI to be extended to private companies receiving public money, shows how firm we stand. We won’t tolerate less transparency - we want more.

This evidence session gave us a chance to hammer home where we stand. But we can’t stop now. This committee is advising the government, not making the final decision. We still need towork together and do what we do best: get our MPs on side and prove our right to Freedom of Information is non negotiable.

Thanks so much for being involved. I was so proud - and nervous - to represent the views of tens of thousands of 38 Degrees members who have campaigned together on this so far.Here’s to getting ready for the next steps and stopping the government’s plans in their tracks.

All the best,

Blanche
Campaigns Director, 38 Degrees

Bob

The video is part of an evidence session for a UK government commission that's reviewing the freedom of information act.

There are two videos for yesterday's evidence session.

Below is the other video.

If anyone would like to meet the UK's information officer then he gives evidence at the beginning...

*GG*

Maybe these arse clowns should focus on this instead of banning Donald Trump, the likely next President of the USA, good luck to us. We know pols cannot walk and chew bubble gum. Hmm, maybe they have ME? LOL

GG