• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3 week headache continues

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Three weeks ago, after a good weekend I woke up feeling like someone had pumped air into the back of my skull and pressure over my eyebrows which caused horrible fog and crippling fatigue. The pressure moves around the back of my head, up my forehead and even sometimes went away. But I always had some level of fog.

Oh and I forgot this interesting thing. Around the middle of the afternoon, the pain starts to go away and the fog starts to lift. By early evening the pain is gone although there is always some nagging little bit of the pressure on my brow.

I actually had that feeling before so I just lived with. At the end of week two, the pain got worse and the fatigue too.

I had been trying to figure out if it was something I was taking, and systematically started to eliminate things to see. Some suggested intercranial pressure or sinus problems.

Yesterday I woke up with the added joy of nausea. I thought maybe it was withdrawal because I was trying to figure out if it was my Trazodone that was making me nauseated and didn't take the usual dose.

I took some dramamine for the nausea which didn't help much. Imitrex doesn't help, tylenol doesn't help. Ice doesn't help

Last night I stopped my Suntheanine and I had almost no headache the entire night. I woke up with almost no pressure and I was in a good mood. I really thought I was on to something.

But as the morning has passed, the slight nausea is back, the pressure on the back of my head and across my brow is back.

I have an appointment with my regular doc Tuesday at 8. a.m. (OMG how am i going to do that?) but I find it really hard to cope with this. Pain?ok, fog? sucks but ok, nausea? not so much.

Any thoughts?

Mink

Valentijn

minkeygirl
Maybe inflammation? If so, I've found 2-3 grams daily of high EPA and DHA fish oil (omega 3) to be very helpful in keeping my headache away.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I take Chia Omega 3 because the last time I tried fish oil I couldn't tolerate it. I tried a bunch of different brands and they all gave me brain fog.

I guess I could try again.

Minks