• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3 Things that Help the Most!!

Nielk

Ambien CR 12.5 - for sleep
Decongestant/antihistamines - for constant allergies
Advil/Vicodin - for pain

(I take some supplements but, do not feel a difference whether I am on them or not)
In addition (I know it's more than 3) I have been taking Klonopin for about 4 years now - 3mg a day. In the beginning I think it helped but, now since I have been on it for so long, I don't know if it's doing anything anymore. I am in the process of trying to wean off it.

u&iraok

I can't keep it to just three!

1. Nutrients--esp. minerals, Vit B & D, antioxidants, good diet
2. Methylation/Detoxification
3. PMGs from Standard Process for endocrine system
4. Stress reduction
5. MMS

Frank

1.Amitryptiline for sleep and pain (massive difference)

2.Dietary changes for IBS (no diary and gluten, no aspartame, no msg, little meat, ...)

3.B12 hydroxycobalamine IM for energy

4.Pancreatic support (digestive enzymes) for better stools and digestion, for gaining weight

Thank God I found this, I thought it was accidentally deleted. Your experiences are priceless, so I greatly appreciate all of the responses thus far. I know what may work for one person may not for another, but I am hopeful in that I will some day have myself back so I continue to try what my limited budget permits. :)

Calathea

1. Pacing and rest.
2. Darkness therapy to keep my sleep pattern in the right place and generally improve my sleep quality.
3. Powdered mix I put into herbal tea of low-sodium salt, D-ribose, acetyl L-carnitine, magnesium citrate, and magnesium ascorbate. I'm reasonably sure that most of those are helping a certain amount, but it's always really hard to tell, and I occasionally tweak the proportions.