• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3 Things that Help the Most!!

What 3 things have helped you the most in dealing with your ME/CFIDS symptoms?
Mine have been...

1. Naltrexone 4.5mg (LDN)

2. Vitamin D

3. Valerian root

And thank you to all those who responded to my brain fog thread! I have ordered a few of your suggestions and am hopeful.

Ocean

I haven't had much success in improving so I don't have much to offer. But for me so far the few things that have helped or at least not hurt are:

1. Pacing
2. Daily rest with lights out and eyes closed, regardless of how I'm feeling
3. Sudafed (I think someone mentioned this can help with POTS, I think it was Carrigon maybe?) and I find I have been feeling maybe slightly better since taking Sudafed daily for congestion

sianrecovery

My three would be dietary modification ( found out reacted badly to diary and wheat, cut them out, and now eat high protein/low carbs/sugar diet, Dr Myhill's mito protocol, inc injectable B12 and Magnesium, and Perrin technique. Oh - actually, cant limit it to three - everything I have done to stay hopeful and connected, and of use to others, and everything I have done to calm my sympathetic nervous system down - yoga, meditation, earthing, energy medicine. Next things to try - methylation protocol, anti-viral and anti-bacterial treatments, mold avoidance and sorting out my hormonal status. Just wish I had lottery win to fund it all!

taniaaust1

All the things which has helped only worked on certain symptoms of mine, hard to choose 3 as all these things made a big different to something.

1. Dietary changes (low carb/high protein diet .. avoidance of artificial things, no sugar)
2. B12 (hydroxocabalamin) injections every 3-4 days
3. Chiropractor - got rid of my constant dizziness with a neck adjustment, neck issues I didnt know I had worsened ME stuff, he also used homeopathics and also got rid of constant thirst.

(Pacing, Aggressive rest therapy, undenatured whey, selenium/molybdenum, fibre supplements have really helped me too)

maddietod

1. Intense dietary modification and vitamins/minerals, especially Bs

2. Sleep support: L-Tryptophan, Theanine, Benedryl

3. Adrenal support: Drenamin, Adrenal Response.

I'm in the process of tailoring the methylation protocol to my needs; that's likely to get on the list in a bit.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
1. Adrenal adaptogens (Schisandra, Ashwaghanda, Siberian Ginseng)

2. Acupuncture

3. Being in by the Ocean

Am currently trying the full methylation protocol, so we'll see how that goes.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
1. Treating my Orthostatic Intolerance (in my case, NMH = Neurally Mediated Hypotension)

Treatment is a combination of prescription drugs (midodrine, fludrocortisone, and time-released potassium) plus extra sodium (salt tablets) and water (3 liters a day). I listed this as one "thing" since they all work together. Any single item alone might not help as much.

2. Resting

What works best for me is lying back in the recliner with my head supported and my feet elevated (and not using the laptop!). Sitting in a regular chair, for me, is actually still "work" for my body because of the NMH.

3. Cane that folds into a portable 3-legged stool

I used to dread doing anything -- from groceries to picking up my prescription -- that required standing in line. I still don't like lines but at least I can do them if they are reasonably short (a few people). I use this folding cane/seat to sit down while I wait in line. This one little tool makes it possible for me to do a few errands on the good days (as long as I schedule enough rest days before and after).

SaraM

Methylation protocol for sleep
Diet( coffee, gluten,dairy,eggs, foods high in citrate, acidic foods, night shades,and MSG are triggers), and Ibuprofen for pain, energy, and OI
Large doses of Vitamins , Minerals(at night) , Amino acids, Glutathione, Creatine for OI, adrenal fatigue, and energy( I had lots of deficiencies)
Vitamin A for gritty eyes(multi was not enough, 25,000 iu)
Grape fruit seed extract for white tongue
Progesterone cream at night , Pregnenolone in the morning

richvank

Hi, all.

It's heartening to see variants of methylation treatment mentioned several times so far.

It's also interesting to see how the things that have helped people here the most jibe with the rankings of effectiveness on the CureTogether dot com site:

http://curetogether.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/treatments/

Some of the things mentioned here are fairly high in the rankings there, too.

Best regards,

Rich