• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

25 Oct E Crawley speaking at Better Science Better Data event......

Keela Too

Sally Burch
I asked the following question on their site (https://app.sli.do/event/o0krjapv/ask) on 16th October.

If numerical data (including cohort descriptors) are not disclosed, how can other scientists
properly check for statistical errors or data misrepresentation?

I wonder why my question hasn't been added? Having said that there are no new questions added since 10th October, so maybe no one has looked at the more recent questions yet.

Countrygirl

Frustratingly, my internet connection is hardly working, I can hardly access PR let alone listen to a video of Esther. And as for TalkTalk, I can bearly understand a word they are saying to me. Soooo frustrating!

Keith Geraghty

I am curious to see if Dr Crawley streams the talk - about Open Science and open data - the MEGA irony isnt lost on me

14.30 – Keynote #3: How open should open data be?

Esther Crawley, University of Bristol

15.15 – Coffee break

15.40 Keynote #4: Supporting Open Research: the role of an academic library

Jez Cope,Research Data Manager, University of Sheffield

16.10 Panel discussion: Looking 10 years into the future of data sharing

Chair: Louise Corti, Associate Director, UK Data Archive

Panellist: Magdalena Skipper, Editor in Chief, Nature Communications

Panellist: Aida Sanchez, Data Manager - Whitehall II study, UCL

Panellist: Esther Crawley, University of Bristol

17.05 – Conference closing remarks