• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$240,000 raised!!! #TripleTuesdayOMF- For every $1 donated OMF will receive $3!!! $100k goal!

Tuha

Haha. It was indirectly related-I didn't use your 'vexatious' forum message for privacy reasons!

:thumbsup:

B

it also motivated me to donate again. what about trying to do such a message on facebook/twitter with those hashtags or something like this to donate to real research. maybe we could bring like this some money to our organisations. Do you have some ideas how to do it? I dont know exactly how it work with those hashtags but i would follow a great idea and distribute it widly on facebook

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
I just matched @AndyPR's donation of $60, which is a lot for me. But I think supporting biomedical research is by far the best way to fight the BPS crowd and move along toward finding real answers.

Small donations (which are what I usually make) are being triple matched right now - let's put our money to good use and fight by backing the research which could end ME!

Maybe we can raise $1k today. That would only take $250 in donations, since our donations are being triple matched. Anybody in???? :moneybag: :thumbsup::moneybag:

I just matched @AndyPR's donation of $60, which is a lot for me. But I think supporting biomedical research is by far the best way to fight the BPS crowd and move along toward finding real answers.

Small donations (which are what I usually make) are being triple matched right now - let's put our money to good use and fight by backing the research which could end ME!

Maybe we can raise $1k today. That would only take $250 in donations, since our donations are being triple matched. Anybody in???? :moneybag: :thumbsup::moneybag:
Awesome, thank you Comet :)

Neunistiva

I made an image to share on social media to inform people about OMF's triple matched donations.

I posted it on my twitter account, tumblr, and reddit.

tumblr_og0verlpKZ1vk06lho1_1280.jpg

Feel free to share it any other place you want (don't forget to include the link to OMF's donation page!)

Of course, any constructive criticism or ideas are more than welcome. I really don't know anything about design.

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi Guys,

Some GREAT news. After the recent IACFS conference, and yesterdays dark day, it seems people responded by donating....we went from $46k to $77k!!!! :cool:

Thanks to everyone who donated, shared, asked their families etc. And thanks to @Neunistiva for the great poster! Share away.

Thought we could all do with some better news!

Lets keep this train going!!!

B

Ben H

it also motivated me to donate again. what about trying to do such a message on facebook/twitter with those hashtags or something like this to donate to real research. maybe we could bring like this some money to our organisations. Do you have some ideas how to do it? I dont know exactly how it work with those hashtags but i would follow a great idea and distribute it widly on facebook

Thanks so much @Tuha and @Comet

Look what you guys helped do in the post above! It really makes a difference! And @AndyPR for his 'vexatious' approach :D

B

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
Some GREAT news. After the recent IACFS conference, and yesterdays dark day, it seems people responded by donating....we went from $46k to $77k!!!! :cool:

Holy Nematode!! :balloons: :sluggish: :balloons: That's amazing!!

Vexatious charitable donating, it's the only way to make the world a better place :cool:
Ditto! :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: Thanks, Esther. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much @Tuha and @Comet
Glad I could do a little bit to help! :) I wish I could do more. Thanks, Ben.

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
DONATE Now: For every $1 donated, Dr. Rose will triple donations up to $25,000 - - making "Giving Tuesday" our #TripleTuesdayOMF !

GOAL: Our goal is to raise $100,000 or more and to create a worldwide, viral #unselfieME social media campaign.
We invite you to join OMF to make this an amazingly successful fundraising, friendraising, and awareness campaign. There are several ways you can get involved:

Make a personal donation of any amount. Every dollar donated gets us closer to a cure for ME/CFS.
  1. Create your own #UNSELFIEME. Making a donation to OMF is a very unselfishthing to do. We encourage you to make your donation, take an “un-selfie” and share why this is important to you on your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and encourage others to donate.
  2. Make a personal fundraising page and invite your family and friends to donate NOW to TRIPLE their donation.
  3. Host a fundraising event. Invite your family, friends, colleagues, and community to learn about ME/CFS and give them the opportunity to join you by donating to OMF for #GivingTuesdayOMF #TripleTuesdayOMF.
  4. Promote finding a cure by taking the message viral. Share OMF's hashtags and encourage others to support research.
#GivingTuesdayOMF #TripleTuesdayOMF #GivingMEDay
#UnselfieME #GivingTuesday #EndMECFS
6. Be creative and have fun!!!!
I think I just read somewhere (IACFS/ME Conf?) that OMF is going to be amping up funding drives and PR/awareness by approaching celebrities. Maybe @Ben Howell could confirm this.

Maybe an easy way to show the people they approach that patients are behind them would be by supporting the current OMF marketing campaigns.

For example, making a donation and then doing item #1, as quoted above, would show potential large donors or celebrity spokespeople (am I hoping for too much?) that patients support this cause.

If you don't have a Twitter or Facebook account, maybe someone here could post your #UNSELFIEME for you.

Seems pretty easy and could rally support for a great cause with small (or large) donations!

Simple #UNSELFIEME directions

OMF #UNSELFIE sign

Ways to get involved

ETA: Love your graphics @Neunistiva

Ben H

tumblr_og4dqpYIh11vk06lho1_500.gif

Here, I designed an animated gif. I think it draws attention a bit more than a static poster. I hope it's ok @Ben Howell

I put it up on my twitter and tumblr. Feel free to "steal" it and repost it anywhere.

Awesome! Thanks @Neunistiva

I think I just read somewhere (IACFS/ME Conf?) that OMF is going to be amping up funding drives and PR/awareness by approaching celebrities. Maybe @Ben Howell could confirm this.

Maybe an easy way to show the people they approach that patients are behind them would be by supporting the current OMF marketing campaigns.

For example, making a donation and then doing item #1, as quoted above, would show potential large donors or celebrity spokespeople (am I hoping for too much?) that patients support this cause.

If you don't have a Twitter or Facebook account, maybe someone here could post your #UNSELFIEME for you.

Seems pretty easy and could rally support for a great cause with small (or large) donations!

Simple #UNSELFIEME directions

OMF #UNSELFIE sign

Ways to get involved

ETA: Love your graphics @Neunistiva

Hi @Comet

I am not sure r.e. the celebrity thing-it sounds quite possible though! We were looking into the Mark Zuckerberg thing recently.

All it can take is one celebrity and awareness can skyrocket as you know. But I do not know of thats the case-Linda has many amazing ideas!

B

Ben H

Hi guys,

Update from Linda:

We had another funder step up and pledge another $20K so we now have $95K pledged to use for our triple tuesday campaign to match all donations!

Warmest regards,

Linda
HOPE-MECFS-Facebook.jpg
Triple Giving Tuesday (#TripleTuesdayOMF)
Your Donation Accelerates Research

Your donation to Triple Giving Tuesday accelerates open, collaborative and revolutionary research to fast-track effective treatments for ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme and other chronic complex diseases with similar symptoms.

Your generous donations will continue to go to:

• Cutting-edge, cost efficient research
  • Focusing on molecular and cellular pathways to get to the core problems
  • Testing pre-approved FDA drugs using in-lab technologies
  • Global collaboration with researchers, clinicians and patients
  • OPEN results to engage a broader research community
  • Engaging the world-wide patient community
  • Providing summer internships for medical students to shadow clinicians and researchers
  • US effort to disseminate medical education for these diseases to schools and physicians
During OMF's Triple Giving Tuesday campaign (until 11/29/16), your support goes an extra-long way. We invite you to please donate today!

Once you donate to OMF, please forward this email to your family and friends inviting them to join you by donating to support the global leader in ME/CFS research.

Working together we will triple the chance to end ME/CFS and other chronic complex diseases.
Thank you for taking action today.
With hope for all,
Linda
Linda Tannenbaum, CEO/President
www.openmedicinefoundation.org

Awesome news! Because of the success, ANOTHER donor has stepped up and is tripling all donations up to $95k! (Was up to $75k).

So again, if you know anyone who has ever said about donating, enquired, etc feel free to give them a gentle poke :D

Thanks guys for all the support-OMF are SO grateful.

B

Last edited: