• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

24 ambulatory ECG

Hello,

I told my GP that my pulse rate drops to the 40s when I crash and now I am having a 24 hour ECG. I don't think it will show anything unless I crash (and I'm obviously not going to make myself crash!.)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this and if it showed anything at all?

ryan31337

Hi,

I've had several short ECGs and they've not showed much more than ectopic beats - I guess you might catch some palpitations on a longer one? I'm due a 24hr or 7 day one soon at the request of an electrophysiologist as part of POTS/hypertension investigation. My bradycardia is pretty significant, mid 40s usually, when crashing it'll drop to high 30s. I really thought the electrophysiologist (and expert in POTS) might be bothered by this but no, not a big concern apparently...

Let us know how you get on :)

Ryan.