• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme results

Valentijn

But it increases the production of amonia and hydrogen sulfate which can lead to brain fog.
It has not been proven that that happens at all, much less to any significant degree. It's wholly hypothetical. At any rate, CBS C699T has very little impact on CBS gene function, so should not be causing any significant problem in that regard, even if it's theoretically possible for a more extreme mutation to do so.

TheChosenOne

It has not been proven that that happens at all, much less to any significant degree. It's wholly hypothetical. At any rate, CBS C699T has very little impact on CBS gene function, so should not be causing any significant problem in that regard, even if it's theoretically possible for a more extreme mutation to do so.
Do you know of any genes that impact CBS in a significant way?

TheChosenOne

I used to have a lot of brain fog. This was because of a candida infestation, which is now under control.
The only thing that relieved my brain fog is chelation and an easy to digest diet (low on meat).

caledonia

@caledonia do you think I need to treat the CBS C699T rs234706 AA +/+ mutation ? Have you any thoughts on this..

You only need to treat it if it's expressed. You can tell if it's expressed if you're having trouble tolerating methyl supps or have issues with sulfur foods or supps. You can also test for high ammonia or high sulfur.

If you've done the HDRI Methylation Panel, if the sum of SAM + SAH is a below a certain number you may have CBS issues (see Rich Vank's interpretation of this panel for more info).

Heartfixer has more info on CBS. http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm
Note that he has just written a new section on CBS (and left the old section up for comparison).

In my case, I had CBS C699T +/- and several BHMT +/-, then also a sum of SAM + SAH that suggested CBS. When I tried methyl supps, I had problems with B12 causing the classic stress/anxiety reaction (it felt like a bad week at work with tight painful shoulders and butterflies in the stomach). When I tested for sulfur, that was high, but ammonia was ok.

So I also had some heavy metal and vitamin testing done.. this is what came back... Test was done through hair

Metals I am high in.. 70% or over on test
aluminum
beryllium
copper
dental amalagam
palladium
titanium
mercury
molybdenum
zinc

Metals low in.. under 20% on test
vanadium
silver
magnesium
chromium
antimony

Vitamins low in
creatine
b2
Inisitol
geranium
omega 6
Glutamin
phytosterols

Any thoughts anyone :)

I am not sure.. lol... But when the heavy metal test done they also gave that result.. and it was under the same heading.. so I just included it it there... :)

1. In dentistry, amalgam is an alloy ofmercury with various metals used for dental fillings. It commonly consists ofmercury (50%), silver (~22–32% ), tin(~14%), copper (~8%), and other trace metals.

TheChosenOne

It's an alloy, not a metal.
What kind of hair test was this?
Did they gave you just these 'results' or did they give you actual data?

I am not sure what you are saying... It was listed under the metals results.. a alloy is a mixture of metals ? And my test showed I am high in dental amalgam... Are you saying they can not measure this... ?

The results they gave me were exact % for every metal.. some other metals were in the medium range I did not post them.

They measure a % of the elements in your system... I would of thought.. from the hair sample...

They say that 1 to 29 % is a low reading..

30 to 69% is medium

70 to 100% is high.....

Arrr this got me thinking also

What they are actualy giveng in the results is my % of a intolerance

"However in the metals test we are able to gauge the severity of your metals intolerance in your body and your results will be graded as high, medium or low level."

This was a reply from them I just had

"With regards to your metals test results, these are a guide to what levels
of heavy metal you have in your body and they are shown as a numerical value
in a 'LOW', 'MEDIUM' or 'HIGH' level. This number represents the volume of
this metal we have currently found and that needs addressing. Ideally the
numbers should be towards the green 'LOW' zone. Those in the yellow 'MEDIUM'
zones are ones to look out for, but the values in the red 'HIGH' zone are
the heavy metals we have found to be causing the most problems with your
health at this moment in time. "