• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme Results Are In!!!

Changexpert

As expected, I am Mao +/+... ARGH
It looks like my detox pathway is pretty decent. I have a couple of specific questions.

1. Are there any supplements I need to watch out for? Is combination of Mao ++, COMT +/-, VDR +/- and CBS360A ++ prone to ammonia build up?
2. Is mb12 a poison or a treasure for me?
3. Is taking phosphatidylserine a good idea since I have heterozygous BHMT?
4. Is there anyway I can find SUOX mutation status?
5. What other things should I watch out for with my profile?
6. What can I do about not genotyped data? :confused:

I would sincerely appreciate anyone's input. @Valentijn as well :angel:

Attachments

• methylation profile.JPG
    methylation profile.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Detox Profile.JPG
    Detox Profile.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
Yep...watch out and make sure your B2 levels are adequate. This will help MAO work. Otherwise, nice genes... Could be much worse.

Valentijn

1. Are there any supplements I need to watch out for? Is combination of Mao ++, COMT +/-, VDR +/- and CBS360A ++ prone to ammonia build up?
Supposedly you might tolerate hydroxoB12 better than methylB12. But MAOA is a rough guideline at best, and COMT +/- and VDR +/- shouldn't be having any impact.
2. Is mb12 a poison or a treasure for me?
Neither: it's a vitamin. It might help a bit with some problems. It's not a cure for anything except B12 deficiency.
3. Is taking phosphatidylserine a good idea since I have heterozygous BHMT?
BHMT +/- doesn't have an impact.
4. Is there anyway I can find SUOX mutation status?
If you sign in at your 23andMe page via https://www.23andme.com/you/explorer/gene/?gene_name=SUOX you can see your SUOX results. The common result for rs705703 is CC, though there's no indication that T causes any problems. The normal results for i5000977 and i5000976 are both AA.
5. What other things should I watch out for with my profile?
Heterozygous MTRR mutations don't have an impact, but if you have another +/- missense mutation, it could slow down the functioning of the gene a bit. The other missense mutations are listed at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/interesting-mtrr-variations.24551/ and they're the underlined ones.
6. What can I do about not genotyped data? :confused:
Nothing really, but the "not genotyped" stuff on the Yasko list isn't particularly important anyhow.