1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

23andme query

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Plum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    Hi Everyone

First of all apologies if the answer to this is posted somewhere else. I tried having a look but.....

I am interested in the 23andme test but I'm concerned about understanding the results. I see some people posting their results in the forum and asking for help with interpreting them. Does the lab not give you an explanation for your results?

I also noticed on the website that you can pay a monthly subscription to them - not too sure what that's for. Any ideas?

Thank you :)
  2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    23andme gives you lots of results in an easy to understand form but not about methylation and detox. So most of us use geneticgenie.org to give us the methl and detox intepretations, and then get some clarification or further explanation here just like we may need to ask here for other lab tests.

They got rid of their subscription. (At least, I don't see one now.) It was like a payment plan over 12 months, so people did not have to do $99 or more upfront. 23andme used to cost more than $99.
  3. OkRadLakPok

OkRadLakPok

It has helped me more than anything to understand why I got sick. It is not a lot of info but you can run your raw data through Promethease which is VERY easy and VERY comprehensive.

http://snpedia.com/index.php/Promethease

This told me why I cannot be around toxins and metals and meds......it even showed very unique SNPs like I cannot process beta carotene and have sensory gating issues. I love it and my drs take me much more seriously now.
  4. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    Thank you both for your suggestions :)

See more popular forum discussions.