• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme query

Plum

Hi Everyone

First of all apologies if the answer to this is posted somewhere else. I tried having a look but.....

I am interested in the 23andme test but I'm concerned about understanding the results. I see some people posting their results in the forum and asking for help with interpreting them. Does the lab not give you an explanation for your results?

I also noticed on the website that you can pay a monthly subscription to them - not too sure what that's for. Any ideas?

Thank you :)

23andme gives you lots of results in an easy to understand form but not about methylation and detox. So most of us use geneticgenie.org to give us the methl and detox intepretations, and then get some clarification or further explanation here just like we may need to ask here for other lab tests.

They got rid of their subscription. (At least, I don't see one now.) It was like a payment plan over 12 months, so people did not have to do $99 or more upfront. 23andme used to cost more than $99.

OkRadLakPok

It has helped me more than anything to understand why I got sick. It is not a lot of info but you can run your raw data through Promethease which is VERY easy and VERY comprehensive.

http://snpedia.com/index.php/Promethease

This told me why I cannot be around toxins and metals and meds......it even showed very unique SNPs like I cannot process beta carotene and have sensory gating issues. I love it and my drs take me much more seriously now.