Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

23andme or Amy Yasko's Nutrigenomic test?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Mary, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Hi all - can anyone recommend one or the other? I was all set to order the 23andme testing and then came across Yasko's test. 23andme is only $99 vs. $495 for Yasko's test. But it appears you get more info re methylation SNPs with Yasko.

I don't have a clue whether it's worth the extra money for Yasko's test (http://www.holisticheal.com/dna-methylation-pathway-test-kit.html) - any input would be appreciated!

2. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

@Mary - Yasko tests a few methylation SNPs which 23andMe doesn't test. 23andMe tests dozens or hundreds of methylation SNPs which Yasko doesn't test, and hundreds of thousands of other SNPs.

I'd definitely go with 23andMe. Well, I did go with 23andMe, and I'm quite happy with it. A lot more data to play with.

3. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @Valentjin - Thank you! I actually just ordered the 23andme testing yesterday after seeing that it seems to be the only testing used by people on this board. I appreciate the information very much.

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.