• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme Dopamine receptors mutations

Does anyone know what supplements might help with DRD2, DRD3, DDC, and DBH polymorphisms? I have many homozygous snps for all of these from mthfrsupport. I have had anxiety, depression, and CNS problems for years. How might these polymorphisms be contributing?

renerdrat

Every teardrop is a waterfall
Not sure but I have a few mutations that result in very low dopamine. Super increased risk for schizophrenia. What kind of cns problems do you have, have you used anything that has helped? I just started learning about mthfr

Not sure but I have a few mutations that result in very low dopamine. Super increased risk for schizophrenia. What kind of cns problems do you have, have you used anything that has helped? I just started learning about mthfr
Which SNPs do you believe are causing a "super increased risk for schizophrenia" and what's the basis for that belief?

Most SNPs have very small correlations with illness. Such as a 2x greater risk of getting a disease present in 0.1% of the population, for example. Which results in a 0.2% risk, and isn't exactly overwhelming.

pogoman

Does anyone know what supplements might help with DRD2, DRD3, DDC, and DBH polymorphisms? I have many homozygous snps for all of these from mthfrsupport. I have had anxiety, depression, and CNS problems for years. How might these polymorphisms be contributing?

for what its worth I have close to a dozen different DRD homozygous red SNPs from Sterlings App and I don't believe I have those issues beyond the ordinary.
I have about 28 red SNPs total in the neurotransmitter pathway section so it may be that its common for people to have many of these homozygous SNPs.

caledonia

This is the problem with Sterling's App - there are zillions of SNPs, but little info about what, if anything, to do about them.

That being said, it seems to me that if the dopamine receptors are not working well, you would want to increase dopamine in some way.

Also, anxiety, depression and CNS symptoms can be caused by many things other than dopamine receptor issues, or even dopamine issues in general.

Hetero SNPs can also be contributors, as well as environmental factors.

ppodhajski

This is the problem with Sterling's App - there are zillions of SNPs, but little info about what, if anything, to do about them.

That being said, it seems to me that if the dopamine receptors are not working well, you would want to increase dopamine in some way.

Also, anxiety, depression and CNS symptoms can be caused by many things other than dopamine receptor issues, or even dopamine issues in general.

Hetero SNPs can also be contributors, as well as environmental factors.

Yes, I agree Caledonia that low dopamine receptor SNPS mean you need more dopamine. Well, sometimes. :)

We really need to see all the SNPs in the catecholamine pathway to make that determination.

@Jllc26

Do you have a promethease report?

DDC uses P5P (B6) as a cofactor
http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P20711

DBH might use several but I think copper in the limiting factor here (But stimulating this would decrease dopamine)
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/chebi/searchId.do?chebiId=CHEBI:58442

If you have anxiety I would doubt you need more Dopamine. What do your GAD1, MAOA, MAOB and COMT look like? I suffered from disabling anxiety and panic attacks, and CNS issues up until six month ago when I found out how to treat these SNPs.

Can you post your sterlings app results?

renerdrat

Every teardrop is a waterfall
Which SNPs do you believe are causing a "super increased risk for schizophrenia" and what's the basis for that belief?

Most SNPs have very small correlations with illness. Such as a 2x greater risk of getting a disease present in 0.1% of the population, for example. Which results in a 0.2% risk, and isn't exactly overwhelming.
i dont remember the exact snps but on my promethius report or whatever that website is called it said i was a lot more at risk

Yes, I agree Caledonia that low dopamine receptor SNPS mean you need more dopamine. Well, sometimes. :)

We really need to see all the SNPs in the catecholamine pathway to make that determination.

@Jllc26

DBH might use several but I think copper in the limiting factor here (But stimulating this would decrease dopamine)

If you have anxiety I would doubt you need more Dopamine. What do your GAD1, MAOA, MAOB and COMT look like? I suffered from disabling anxiety and panic attacks, and CNS issues up until six month ago when I found out how to treat these SNPs.

Can you post your sterlings app results?[/Q
@a

@Jllc26

Can you post your sterlings app results?

@ppodhajski I have several mutations in SLC6A4, HTR2A, DDC Enzymes? I will be interested in knowing on how you resolved your issues? Thanks