A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

23&Me to release *some* health data again

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by sickntired771, Dec 30, 2015.

1. sickntired771

sickntired771

jepps likes this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

No, not at all. Most likely the data will be for diseases where there is a known single SNP which directly causes the disease. No such pathogenic SNPs have been found for ME/CFS, so it won't be helpful in that regard.

sickntired771 and maryb like this.
  3. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

CANADA
    I've been considering ordering/submitting a 23&me test for two reasons. First, from time to time I see references to certain results helping ME patients to know which diets or supplements might be worth a try (or contraindicated). Second, I found the request for genetic data from Nancy Klimas compelling -- particularly if at some point in the future patients might get access to her results, enabling them to make better decisions about treatment strategies.

Is the health data available dependent on which country a person lives in? I'm in Canada. I'd appreciate hearing opinions from those who've had 23&me done if they considered it worthwhile. Thanks.

4. sue la-la

sue la-la

Melbourne, Australia
    i'm happy with my 23andMe results. i've found evidence of abnormalities in ion channels, collagen, drug metabolism, Vit-B12 transport, glutathione production, etc. coincidentally (or not), Vit-B12 and glutathione are my two most effective detox supplements, and i have ion channel leakage. it's also lovely to contribute to the Nancy Klimas study - might find some significant patterns, that might be treatable.

ahmo, PatJ and jepps like this.
  5. sickntired771

sickntired771

I think Canadians have full access to the analysis provided since you aren't subject to the FDA regulations of the U.S.

6. sickntired771

sickntired771

Which websites did you use to find that analysis? I put my raw data in genetic genie and something else.

7. sue la-la

sue la-la

Melbourne, Australia
    LiveWello https://livewello.com/genetics
    a one-time fee of $20 USD to access most existing reports, and create your own.
    need to pay extra for their advanced 'health reports'. menu is confusing at first.

See more popular forum discussions.