1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

200 page parliamentary report on RCTs and problems with spin

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Esther12, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I've not read it all... just been going through looking at bits related to protocols. A lot of protocol stuff, but almost nothing on what to do when researchers deviate from their protocols.

I've had to correct the format a lot, but there could still be glitches- sorry:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmsctech/104/104.pdf

p37-38

ON problems with relying only on peer reviewed journals for publication:

p39

p110

p135 (written Sense About Science testimony)

p144 (further SAS written testimony)

Valentijn and Sean like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hmmm, should we make a checklist? Then show for each of these points the PACE trials succeeded or failed? Because at first read it looks like PACE is a fail, fail, fail.

Valentijn, Sean and Sasha like this.

See more popular forum discussions.