• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2 more PACE Trial critiques published in ‘Journal of Health Psychology’ series

Kenny Banya

12 May 2017
Two more commentaries on the controversial PACE Trial have been published in full by the Journal of Health Psychology (JHP) – part of a series of 13 it has published so far.

The JHP agreed to not to impose its usual paywall on this topic after it accepted a suggestion from the ME Association that the public interest in the subject warranted the pieces going open access.

The two latest critiques are as follows:

PACE-GATE: An alternative view on a study with a poor trial protocol (Bart Stouten)

PACE investigators’ response is misleading regarding patient survey results (Karen D Kirke).

The ME Association has archived all the articles in this series – including those written by defenders of the PACE Trial.

They can be found below Dr Charles Shepherd’s contribution at this link: www.meassociation.org.uk/2017/04/its-time-for-an-independent-review-of-the-pace-trial-methods-and-results-dr-charles-shepherd-journal-of-health-psychology-10-april-2017/