1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

197 Professionals and Advocates Send New Letter to Sebelius

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by slayadragon, Jan 2, 2014.

1. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    A new letter dated December 26, 2013, has been sent to Secretary Kathleen Sebeliius regarding the government's attempts to re-define ME/CFS.

>This letter repeats the request from the previous letter from experts and from the previous letter from advocates that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) adopt the Canadian Consensus Criteria (CCC) for the disease, rather than having the Institute of Medicine (IOM) develop a new definition.

>The letter also states specific objections to the provisional slate of committee members announced to the public by IOM; asks for an increase in government funding for biomedical research into the disease; and requests that the government consistently call the disease by its proper name, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).

>The signers of this new letter include fourteen of the individuals who signed the “experts’ letter” as well as the majority of those who signed the “advocates’ letter.”

http://paradigmchange.me/wp/?p=334

See more popular forum discussions.