1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

19 questions about XMRV

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Samuel, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Samuel

Samuel Bedbound with NO DOCTOR

Thanks everybody for support. I am working on collating responses to a Co-cure post.

And many more! :)

2. Samuel

Samuel Bedbound with NO DOCTOR

Hi Koan,

I know that many of the questions are not answered yet, but I do not know which ones. :)

I do hope that there are people here who can answer some (not all) questions like this. This forum has well-spoken, knowledgeable people.

I also know that many people including myself are often very fogged, and these are tricky questions to cogitate on through fog. It was difficult to write them. But I hope that those who are interested can concentrate on one at a time, pace themselves, and together we can answer a few, that kind of thing. Maybe.

Also, they might help serve as a focus when good study results start coming out. A checklist to keep things in context and to be able to refer to. At least for me. Maybe for one or two others also?

3. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    I'm not even remotely worried about kissing. If I am positive, then my husband would have needed the immune system of an ox not to catch it from the various means of transmission between couples.

4. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

Social leprosy

This illness has already caused isolation in my life, from work, play and relationships. So, a different kind of isolation is OK by me, if I can have my illness validated, and perhaps a treatment/cure found for it. Just to be able to work again and stop living in poverty would be worth it to me.

Also, transmission cannot be as simple as kissing or sex since no one I have kissed or had sex with had this illness, and no one has developed it after having sex, or just kissing, with me.

For those who worry about forming a relationship with a future spouse or lover, I have noticed several heartwarming stories of people who have "caught" a man even though they already have this disabling illness. True love conquers all - at least sometimes. People with herpes still fall in love and get married. So, don't stress out on this one. You are still going to be lovable.

See more popular forum discussions.