1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

$150,000 research money within our reach in the Aviva online voting contest!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

View the Post on the Blog
    View the Post on the Blog
    Little Bluestem, Kati and waiting like this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just did today's vote (thank you, insomnia!).

Feel free to copy my shouty signature - there's a big jump from tiny print to giant print in the signature editing options so I've gone for giant. :oops:
  3. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Thanks for the article, Sasha. Sorry about your insomnia. I like your comment at the end "I've gone for giant." Yes, think big!

I've just emailed a link to your article to Denise of "Speak Up About ME" who has worked on advocacy projects with Bob and Courtney Miller and asked if she'd pass on the word about the contest to her contacts.
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Thanks, Merry - yes, my signature's not subtle! :aghhh:

Thanks for sending the link on - that was a very good idea.
  5. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

I checked again how the organisations grow up after 21 hours. I checked exactly at the hour when it will finish because sometimes the results depends when you check because we have a lot of european and australian voters. During the last 21 hours we grow the most from the organisations between 10th - 14 th positions but the differences were not too significant to help us. So it means we need more votes - we are around 579 votes behind the 10 th position. Here are the results:

1. Undercurrent Youth Centre – 10432 (+1647)
    2. Une vraie cour d'école pour ados! – 9872 (+1488)
    3. Riehl skate park – 9607 (+1158)

4. Fighting for Healthy, Affordable Food in North End Halifax - 9104 (+1252)
    5. Stay Strong Nick Roma 8335 (+1261)

6. Nouveau gymnase pour notre club de gymnastique Les Hirondelles – 8191 (+1286)
    7. Exoskeleton for Trevor Greene, Canadian Veteran – 8015 (+1137)
    8. Harder-4-Carter: The Carter Antila Memorial SkatePark – 7464 (+809)
    9. Un préau pour L'École des Enfants-de-la-Terre – 6927 (+1246)
    10. Projet Paradis / Paradis Project – 6811 (+1007)

11. Non-profit Companion Animal Hospital & Shelter – 6707 (+966)
    12. Castle Park's "Play for ALL", universally accessible playground – 6487 (+768)
    13. The Power of Play - A Barrier Free Playground – 6358 (+960)
    14. Medical equipment for a new chronic diseases clinic in Vancouver – 6232 (+1010)
    15. Vera M. Welsh & community of Lac La Biche needs a new playground 5901 (+1061)

16. Building Change -A New Shelter for the RCSPCA 5102 (+709)
    17. Sensory Therapy Room for kids at Lutherwood 5035 (+440)
    18. Sports for all 4912 (+584)
    19. Valley Park Go Green Cricket Field Project - Let There Be Lights 4871 (+707)
    20. Volunteering to Independence Program "the Katimavik VIP program" 4823 (+661)
    Sasha likes this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I've just discovered that the picture and video used for this article are by a group called MEAwarenessPics, who create images and videos to promote ME fundraising.

Here are their videos on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/meawarenesspics

Great stuff!
    Kina likes this.
  7. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

just one idea. we should try to involve more kids in this contest. Kids have often a lot of friends and iif they are a bit motivated they can bring a lot of votes. So if you have a kid in your family just ask him if he can promote our organisation between his friends.
    ggingues, Little Bluestem and Sasha like this.
  8. Kati

Kati Patient in training

9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    That's it, time's up, the contest is over! The results will be announced in five days' time.

Thanks to everyone who voted and to those who've worked so hard getting us all to vote! :balloons:
    ggingues likes this.
  10. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Yes I hope they get at least a few grand:)
  11. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    I was amazed by the number of votes that were cast in the Aviva contest for the clinic in Vancouver. I was also amazed at all the hard work our members put into getting these votes :thumbsup:.

Kina.
    ggingues and Sasha like this.
  12. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    anyone care to guess where we finished?

A couple of days ago I thought we were going to fall short, but then we seemed to gather pace, so maybe we just did it?
  13. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hopefully, our Canadian friends need some support and a good place to go.

GG
  14. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Hi, snowathlete. At the Facebook ME (ME/CFS) Fundraising Group, Helle said that CCDC placed 15th with 12,672 votes. A showing at 10th place or above was necessary to move to the finals. Aviva will announce winners in another week (?). It is possible that organizations above CCDC will be stripped of votes, and CCDC will move up, but to move from 15th to 10th would be big jump.

See more popular forum discussions.