1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

14 months in....update

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by determined, Mar 23, 2012.

1. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California

I disagree here and will end this topic upon responding. I think the division on this site comes down to those who are lumpers or splitters. The lumpers do what they do best and lump everyone in one of two groups while the splitters yearn for the shades of gray so that can apply targeted, individualized treatments and avoid taking things that may harm them physically or emotionally. This post is also about seeing the value in specific tests so that people can make informed choices. I want to point out here that you don't have the benefit of having them all, nor do you have a provider who understands it, yet you presume to know which tests are best for others and suggest that the collective wisdom can guide someone like Determined or others like him/her, of which treatments to take when they've already shown that they can't tolerate most of what the group does.

I promise that I'm not tryng to be contankerous here or instigating an argument or attacking you nor do I have even a trace of anger or negative feelings while I write this but I do think I've made a valid point. One that I feel had been sorely missing while my brain was still out to lunch this past few months. But now I'm awake and I want to make sure that everyone knows its okay to be completely individualized and not lump yourselves into one group or another. Its even ideal to start at fragments instead of capsules. You are not alone, there are more of us out there only some don't speak up. But it is ok. You don't have to run out and take loads or potassium or Methyl B12 or active folate unless you honestly feel they are the right treatments for you. Certainly listen to the collective wisdom and respect the advice of senior researchers or members who have exeriences we simply don't but please be aware that your body is also entirely different and you may want to treat it accordingly. And, as Nanonug pointed out, it isn't all about genes since my living on a farm next to mass pesticide spraying and tons of dental amalgams has undoubtedly led me to where I am today. Just as your own infections and toxic exposures have affected each of you.

Thank you for the opportunity to debate, Nanonug, I appreciate it. I do value your input and thoughts on the matter. As to what we are adding of value here? why, were adding to at least 2 sides of the collective wisdom :)
    Sincerely,
    Angela

See more popular forum discussions.